Did you know that poverty physically changes the brain? Did you know traumatic experiences can do the same? Did you know that our brains are all biased against certain groups of people?
This session will provide information on the brain development of potential clients, and well as talk about how the brain impacts our staff and leadership. Participants will be provided education about how poverty and trauma impact the brains and lives of those we are striving to help. We will also discuss unconscious bias and how it impacts our work on a daily basis.
The session will wrap up with a discussion about brain informed programming and best practices that you can both utilize in your work and teach to your staff.
- Understand the basics of how poverty and trauma impact the brain
- Understand what unconscious bias is and how it impacts our work
- Learn tactics to increase their effectiveness with clients
- Learn tools to teach their staff to improve their work culture and outcomes
By the end, you’ll have plan for empowering all of your supporters and juicing up your fundraising ability!
As an NPA member, you get this training with your membership. If you aren't getting the reminders from GoToWebinar, If not go to http://members.thenonprofitacademy.com/ to make sure your membership is up to date. If that is in order,
- Go register for the training at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7162092698327702027